PADI Underwater Navigator Course
Just Say the Word, We Can Do it!
During the PADI Underwater Navigator Course, you will fine-tune your underwater observation skills and learn to use your compass more accurately. Learn some great natural navigation techniques for you to put into practice on every dive you do.
PADI Underwater Navigator Course Overview
If you like challenges with big rewards, take this course and have fun finding your way.
Be the scuba diver everyone wants to follow because you know where you are and where you’re going! The PADI Underwater Navigator course fine-tunes your observation skills and teaches you to more accurately use your compass underwater.
If you’re a PADI Open Water Diver who is at least 10 years old, you can enrol in the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course.
To complete the academic studies, we estimate 6 hours of independent study.
To complete the three open water training dives, you can complete all three dives in one day or spread them over one and a half days. A full day is 8 hours on average.
Besides standard scuba equipment, you’ll use a compass and underwater slate. All required equipment for your course including a dive computer is supplied by ABC Diving.
The total, fully inclusive cost of the PADI Underwater Navigator Course starts at €230.00 with our ‘Standard’ option. Our ‘Bespoke’ option is €480.00.
– All dive equipment needed for the completion of your course
– PADI educational materials
– Certification cost
PADI Underwater Navigator Course - THE LEARNING PATH
An insight into dive 1:
- First, we will refresh your compass reading skills on dry land before entering the water.
- Maintain neutral buoyancy during the dive.
- Determine the average number of kick cycles & average amount of time required to cover a distance of approximately 30 metres/100 feet while swimming underwater at a normal, relaxed pace.
- Navigate (surfacing only if necessary to verify direction or location) to a predetermined location and return to within 15 metres/50 feet of the starting point using natural references and estimated distance measurement (kick cycles or time).
- Demonstrate the correct positioning and handling of a compass needed to maintain an accurate heading while swimming underwater.
- Navigate (without surfacing) to a predetermined location and return to within 6 metres/20 feet of the starting point using a compass and estimated distance measurement (kick cycles or time).
- Beginning from a fixed location, swim a square pattern underwater returning to within 8 metres/25 feet of the starting point using a compass.
how the booking Process works
It's As Easy As ABC!
1. Choose your course option
Click ‘Request to book’ button and complete the booking request form. Only 1 form per group is required.
2. Booking approval
Within 3 working hours, your booking request will either be approved or an alternate date suggested.
3. Pack your towel!
Once the booking is approved, a payment request is sent to you. Upon payment, your booking is confirmed.