Retrieve lost items that have fallen overboard or over a dock. During the PADI Search and Recovery Course, learn about effective search patterns and how to use a lift bag to retrieve heavy objects.
The PADI Search and Recovery Course can be challenging, but a whole lot of fun!
It happens: People accidentally drop things from docks, off boats, or even while scuba diving. If you’ve ever lost something in the water and wanted to go find it, then the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course is for you.
There are effective ways to search for objects underwater that increase your chances of success. And there are good and better methods to bring up small, large or just awkward items. Search and recovery can be challenging, but a whole lot of fun.
PADI Advanced Open Water Divers who are at least 12 years old can enrol in the Search and Recovery Diver course. PADI Open Water Divers with a PADI Underwater Navigator certification also qualify.
To complete the academic studies, we estimate 6 hours of independent study.
To complete the four open water training dives, you can complete three dives in one day and the final dive on the second day or spread the dives over two days. A full day is 8 hours on average.
Besides standard scuba equipment, you’ll use a compass, underwater slate, ropes and a lift bag. All required equipment for your course is supplied by ABC Diving including a dive computer.
The total, fully inclusive cost of the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Course starts at €325.00 with our ‘Standard’ option. Our ‘Bespoke’ option is €690.00.
– All dive equipment needed for the completion of your course
– PADI educational materials
– Certification cost
THE LEARNING PATH
An insight into Dive 1:
- Demonstrate a methodical search of an area approximately 15 metres by 15 metres/50 feet by 50 feet, or other dimensions for the same area of search to find a small submerged object.
- Demonstrate a methodical search of an area approximately 30 metres by 30 metres/100 feet by 100 feet, or other dimensions for the same area of search to find a submerged object not more than 10 kilograms/25 pounds negatively buoyant.
- Tie the following knots correctly while underwater: the bow- line, two half-hitches and a sheet bend.
- Demonstrate how to safely rig and bring to the surface an object not more than 10 kilograms/25 pounds negatively buoyant using an appropriate lifting device.
how the booking Process works
It's As Easy As ABC!
1. Choose your course option
Click ‘Request to book’ button and complete the booking request form. Only 1 form per group is required.
2. Booking approval
Within 3 working hours, your booking request will either be approved or an alternate date suggested.
3. Pack your towel!
Once the booking is approved, a payment request is sent to you. Upon payment, your booking is confirmed.