Diving in Malta – COVID 19
Just Say the Word, We Can Do it!
Below and above the surface, ABC Diving is committed to caring for the health and well-being of our divers and employees. Below are our procedures for combating Covid-19.
WHAT ABC DIVING IS DOING TO COMBAT COVID-19:
- Wearing PPE while in the Dive Centre and travelling to and from dive sites.
- Regularly disinfecting surfaces within the premises and vehicle.
- Disinfecting dive equipment after use.
- Only 1 member of staff touches dive equipment when assisting you in equipment preparation.
- Masks, snorkels, and regulator mouthpieces are stored in closed bags.
- Scuba cylinder valves are disinfected before and after filling and then covered by a closed bag.
WHAT OUR DIVERS MUST DO TO COMBAT COVID-19:
- Wear a face mask when visiting ABC Diving.
- When travelling to and from dive sites; wear a face mask.
- On the surface and out of the water, apply social distancing.
- Sanitize/wash your hands before and after touching any dive gear (including your own).
- Don’t touch anyone else’s dive gear unless absolutely necessary.
- When on the surface: keep dive masks on and regulators in place to reduce your respiration transmission risk.
- Use mask defog & avoid spitting/blowing your nose etc. into the water where others will be/are.